Baltimore Contractors was founded in 1935 by Victor Frenkil, Sr. whose company constructed many of the major buildings in the State of Maryland, including the Baltimore Civic Arena; Garmatz Federal Office Building; Benton Municipal Building; eastern piers of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge; Golden Sands Condominium; Bancroft Hall at U.S. Naval Academy; and numerous buildings at the University of Maryland College Park, including Byrd Stadium and Cole Field House.
Baltimore Contractors, Inc. was reformed in 2004 and is a Full Service General Contractor/Construction Manager currently providing diversified services in five “On-Call” programs, as well as typical competitive and negotiated projects on Design/Build and Bid-Build basis.
We started the “On-Call” program at the University of Maryland and have been successful through five renewal/re-qualifying periods for a continuous service for over seventeen years. We have subsequently added four additional programs; Department of General Services IQC and MAA’s Task Order Contract at BWI Airport, the Department of Motor Vehicles Task Order Contract, and Howard County Pulic Schools. Our currently company structure allows us the ability to handle these and other on-call programs as well as competitive bid projects.
With Baltimore Contractors’ long and successful history, we obviously have accumulated volumes of clients. Some include Maryland Aviation Administration, United States Army Corps of Engineers, Maryland State Highway Administration, and many others.